Foundation Grants-In-Aid Program
Nora Nieminksi, Stanford, GIA Recipient, 2013
Apply Now through 15 February.
The purpose of the AAPG Foundation Grants-in-Aid program is to foster research in the geosciences. Grants are made to provide financial assistance to graduate students (currently enrolled in Masters or Ph.D. programs) whose thesis research has application to the search for and development of petroleum and energy-mineral resources, and/or to related environmental geology issues.
Here are a few helpful hints to follow:
- Firm deadline for the application and transcript submission is 11:59 pm PST on Monday, February 15, 2016
- Be original and imaginative.
- Use a realistic scope of work and timetables.
- Avoid typos and other mechanical errors.
- Avoid fancy formatting or bullets.
- Ask a friend to edit your proposal.
- Compose your text offline in a text editor that has a spell check function.
- Be sure to frame your proposal within the broader topic under study.
- Focus only on proposal items that require funding.
For more information about the program including requirements and guidelines, visit the program's application page
, or to begin your application, apply now
View the full list of grants available.
More grants are needed. To establish a grant-in-aid for a student, contact the Foundation office toll free, 1-855-302-2743. A gift of $25,000 will ensure an annual grant for $1,000 for years to come. To donate to the Grants-in-Aid fund, select it from the donation page drop-down menu.